Serves: Total: 40min Prep: 15min Cook: 25min
• Thammachart Seafood Crab Sticks with real crab meat
• 4 slices bacon
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 4 cups whole milk
• 1 teaspoon of cajun pepper for seasoning
• 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
• 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• salt to taste, I used 1/2 teaspoon
• 1 (16-ounce) box medium pasta shells cooked according to package directions
• 2 (5-ounce) cans Chicken of the Sea crab
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 1/3 cup Panko crumbs
Cook bacon in a large nonstick pan. Remove, crumble, and set aside.
Add butter to grease in pan and cook onion until soft.
Add flour to pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
Stir in 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning. Set aside 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and stir remaining cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese in until melted.
Check for seasoning and add salt to taste.
Add Thammachart Seafood crab stick and stir into cheese mixture.
Place cooked pasta in a 9X13-inch casserole dish. Pour cheese sauce on top and mix.
Sprinkle reserved cheese on top along with bacon.
In a small bowl, stir together Panko crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of mac and cheese.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Broil for 2-3 minutes (watching closely) to brown bread crumbs.