Makes 16 rolls,
Preparation time: 40mins
Rice paper rolls:1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks 5cm in length
2 carrots, peeled
2 avocados, thinly sliced
400g Regal Wood Roasted Smoked Salmon
100g vermicelli noodles
100g mung bean sprouts
1/2 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup coriander leaves
16 x 16cm round rice paper wrappers
1 tablespoon black or white sesame seeds, toasted
Ginger Chili Dipping Sauce:1/2 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup water
3 red chillies, finely chopped
1 thumb ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Rice Paper Rolls:
1) Start by prepping filling ingredients first. Cut cucumber and carrot into matchsticks 5cm in length, then half and thinly slice avocados. Discard of salmon skin and break flesh into smaller chunks.
2) Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the vermicelli noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, run under cold water then drain again.
3) Fill a wide shallow bowl with warm water. Place a rice paper wrapper into the water and soak until it begins to soften.
4) Remove from water and place on a clean tea towel, make sure the wrapper is perfectly smooth with no edges folded over.
5) Place a small handful of noodles, mung beans, carrot, cucumber, avocado, herbs and salmon in the centre of the wrapper.
6) Leave a 3cm space at the base of the wrapper. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then roll the sides up tightly into a cylinder.
7) Place on a tray lined with baking paper or plastic wrap, make sure the rolls aren’t touching.
8) Scatter with toasted sesame seeds just before serving.
Ginger Chili Dipping Sauce:
1) In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
2) Cool completely before serving. Serve with a few slices of fresh chili on top.